The basic questions of life are fantastic tools to carry in your evangelism tool bag. When you have the chance to talk with a lost person for a while, pull out a couple of these tools and work to unlock your knowledge of the person: Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? Everyone enjoys talking about himself or herself so use that to your advantage. Here are some samples.
- Who has had the most impact in making you who you are?
- What comes to mind when you you think about God?
- Where would you like to be 3 years from now?
- When did you start your first job?
- Why do you suppose that Israel is always in the news?
- Why do you suppose there is so much suffering?
- How do you like your job? Tell me about it.
As you can see, some are more or less personal and others will reveal some of your friend’s presuppositions about God and spiritual subjects. The person will likely enjoy seeing you again because you demonstrated interest in them when you listened to them.
These questions are critical in relational evangelism. Couple them with a listening heart and you’ll find witnessing opportunities will increase.